Quinoa, Black Bean, Squash Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 20 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 avocado, cubed
- handful cilantro, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat and cook onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and red chili pepper and cook until aromatic.
- Add butternut squash and spices and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the vegetable broth and quinoa. Bring a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add beans and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Served garnished with cilantro, avocado and lime juice.