Chicken Tortilla(less) Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 - 8 hours (crockpot)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 white or Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes with chiles (Can substitute fresh tomatoes with chiles if preferred)
- 3 cups organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cups frozen corn
- 1.5 lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream or Green yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a large crock pot and stir to ensure they are well combined.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Use two forks to shred chicken and serve warm with suggested garnishes or those of your choosing.