Zucchini "Fried" Cauliflower Rice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pack of riced cauliflower (or 1 head cauliflower if it isn't available riced in your area)
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and cut into cubes
- Any other vegetable that you would like to add (I used brussels sprouts)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos (or soy sauce if you prefer)
- juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Place the cauliflower rice on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and drizzle with half of the olive oil. (If you don't have riced cauliflower, trime the leaves and stalks from the cauliflower head and cut into florets, then either grate them or blitz them in the food processor to make "rice".)
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning over half way through with a spatula.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the zucchini, spices and other vegetables and cook for 5 – 8 minutes until golden.
- Add the jalapeno and onions and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the liquid aminos stir thoroughly. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower rice is cooked, stir in the spicy zucchini mixture until all of the cauliflower is coated. Squeeze the juice from one lime on top and add some extra aminos to taste.