Black Bean Brownies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup QUICK oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- dash of stevia powder OR 2 tbsp sugar (or omit and increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (NOT optional. Omit at your own risk.)
- chocolate frosting or extra chocolate chips for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Grease an 8x8 baking pan
3) Blend all ingredients except for the chocolate chips VERY well in a food processor until smooth. (A blender may work if you take extra care to make sure it is very smooth.)
4) Fold in the chocolate chips
5) Pour into baking pan and garnish with a few extra chips on top.
6) Bake for 15-18 minutes or until soft, but fully cooked.
You may ice them after cooling, and if they are still a little soft, put them in the refrigerator to firm them up!