Thai Cashew Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 5 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dry roasted, unsalted cashews
- salt and pepper
- Cooked white or brown rice, for serving
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or sub liquid aminos)
- 3 tbsps seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust for your spiciness preferences)
- In a small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients (soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes). Add additional honey and/or red pepper flakes to taste.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with the cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high. Once hot, add chicken and sauté until lightly browned. Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and green onions. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender but still crunchy (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the cashews toss with the sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, over rice if desired..