SAUSAGE + bRUSSEL sPROUT SAUTÉ
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, washed and thinly sliced (OR lazy girl hack, 1 bag of shaved brussel sprouts-- I used the Trader Joe's version)
- 2-3 sausages of your favorite variety (I used Trader Joe's apple + chardonnay chicken sausages)
- 2 tbsp olive oil,divided
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Slice sausages into evenly sized pieces and cook in 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat until they start showing signs of charring.
- Remove sausages from skillet and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and shaved brussel sprouts, salt, pepper. (Option to use any other spices that may taste good to you-- I used lemon pepper.)
- Sauté until brussels sprouts begin to soften (about 5 minutes), add in sausages and cook flavors together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lemon on top (and optional cheese or red pepper flakes) and serve immediately.
Back to recipes