Lemony Brussels Sprouts and Quinoa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 pound brussels sprouts, halved (or about 4 cups)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup quinoa
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (or water)
1/3 onion, diced
1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, for sautéing
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups spinach (or kale)
pinch of sea salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional- just for kick)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or aluminum foil).
- Toss halved brussels sprouts in oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if desired). Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a pot on the stovetop, combine quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, until broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or 1 tbsp oil) on medium-high, until transluscent. Mix in garlic, salt, pepper and spinach. Sauté about 3 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cooked quinoa, onion/spinach mixture, and the brussels sprouts. Then toss with lemon tahini dressing.
- Serve warm or cold.