CRUNCHY ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
1-2 15 oz. cans of chickpeas
1/2-1/4 tsp. of your favorite spices (I like salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic powder)
½ to 1 tbsp. olive oil (or your favorite oil)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Rinse and thoroughly dry the chickpeas.
4. In a small bowl, mix spices and set aside.
5. Bake dried chickpeas in the preheated oven on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes. (Do not add any of the other ingredients yet!)
6. Remove the chickpeas from the oven and drizzle ½ tbsp olive oil over the chickpeas, stirring until evenly coated. If necessary, slowly add more olive oil until all the chickpeas are lightly coated. Then add spices until coated.
7. Bake at 400 for 10 more minutes, then stir.
8. Return stirred chickpeas to the oven and bake them for an additional 5-10 minutes, until desired crispiness is achieved (a total of 35-40 minutes of baking, option to turn broiler on high for the last 5 minutes).
9. Turn off oven and crack the door a bit. Let chickpeas cool in the oven to achieve maximum crispiness.